- Food Vendor will be available on grounds
- Handling Seminar Saturday, after BIS
- 5th Show Available (Express Show)
- Ring Steward help needed, no experience needed. Please email info@iabca if you can help.
2014 Tar Heel State Sieger
April 19 & 20, 2014 in Tryon, NC
The 2014 Tar Heel State Sieger will be held at Foothills Equestrian Nature Center in Tryon, NC. This show will be outdoors but covered. We will be setting up on Friday afternoon so if you plan on setting up early, please wait until we begin our setup first. The Show Roster will be updated periodically as entries come in and the Show Schedule will be available within a few days of the show closing. You can enter our show online or via fax or mail (for a printable show entry form, click here). Would you like to help us hand out fliers? We'd really appreciate it. Just click here. We can also give you fliers. Send an e-mail to email@example.com and we'll ship you a box of fliers.
New Additions for this show:
- Express Show available:
- A 5th show, known as an Express Show, will be available
- Saturday only
- Get a critique and an opportunity to earn an orange card towards an IABCA title
- Must be entered in all 4 shows to add the Express Show
- All express Show entries will be handled at the show, sign up at the Front Desk, walk-up (no schedule) for Express Show judging.
- Handling seminars Saturday after Best in Show
- Juniors - Free; Jean Pero - Instructor
- Adults - $10; Robin Hug - Instructor
- Free Junior Handling Competition with critiques on Sunday afternoon.
- Adult Handling Competition Sunday afternoon. $15
Dates*: April 19 & 20, 2014
Location: Foothills Equestrian Nature Center
- Address: 3381 Hunting Country Road, Tryon, NC 28782
- Building Name: FENCE Equestrian Center
- Facility Type: Covered Arena, Stone Dust Floor
- NOT Air-Conditioned/Heated
Closing Date: April 11, 2014 at 6pm Pacific
- Regular entry fees are $31/show
- Late Entries: Late entries will be taken until April 16, 2014 at 6pm Pacific.
- Late fees are $12/show
Judging Panel will include**:
- Ms. Honey Glendinning - CAN & INT
- Ms. Jean Pero - INT & USA
- Ms. Robin Hug - INT & USA
- Ms. Gloria Kerr - USA
- Ms. Barbara Finch - USA
- Superintendent - Scott Odle
- Superintendent's Assistant - TBA
- Chief Rig Steward - Laura Schrock
Local Pet-Friendly Hotels (by distance):
- 1906 Pine Crest Inn & Restaurant (3.4mi)
- Days Inn Columbus Tryon (3.5mi)
- Mill House Lodge - Flat Rock (15.5mi)
- Several Hotels in Hendersonville, 18 miles away
- Photographer - TBA
- OvernOvernight RV Parking:
- Please make sure to mark your show entry with a checkmark for One Night RV or Two Nights RV
- RV Hookups: Water, Electricity, and Sewer
- Food Food Service available on grounds: Yes, Breakfast and Lunch Menu
We have four shows each weekend, two shows per day. Each show will be under a different judge. If a dog does well (gets the top score each show), an adult dog can earn an International Title in three shows. Puppies can earn a National Puppy Title in three shows; a fourth show would give that puppy an International Puppy Title (four puppy shows =both Nat and Int puppy titles).
**Judging Schedule Notes:
- Dogs may be asked to be judged before their times scheduled but CANNOT be required to do so.
- Group times CAN be called early.
- Best in Show times CAN be called early.
- Best in Show ring numbers will be announced at the show.
- All Ring times and numbers are subject to change.
- Junior Handler exhibition will be on Sunday during lunch. Check at the front desk on Sunday for more details. Day of show entries for juniors are welcome.